Thursday, August 24, 2006

If a Tree Falls in the Blogosphere...


I launched my blog last month. A nascent blogospherer, I have been doing my best to review other corporate and personal blogs - with an eye to ensuring "Breakout Performance" meets minimum performance standards.

My conclusion based on an initial review of what's out there? There's a lot of dross.

I think 80% of blogs I've seen (including some CEOs') is nothing more than a glorified journal. Something along the lines of, "It's my second day at the trade show in San Jose...", followed by some personal observations about the quality of the trade show booths, finishing with a climactic, "Well, gotta get back out there."

When they're done well (and I offer some suggestions on the right-hand sidebar), blogs are pithy, insightful, and irreverant. However, most are forgettable.

The world would be a better place, if most blog authors followed the Jim Rome maxim: "Have a Take. Don't Suck."

Sphere: Related Content

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. The challenge is developing that voice within a professional community where "hive thinking" invariable stifles the potential creativity of blogging. Anyway, glad to see you here. I shall follow your blog with interest.

Amitai